Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rug Obssesed

Lately I've been dreaming about rugs. Printed rugs, solid rugs, yellow rugs, coral rugs, you name it. Alas, it's nearly impossible to find one in my budget.

A tight budget.
Like a really really tight college student budget.

I've seen many of my fellow bloggers out there showing off their DIY painted rugs, but I just don't know if those are durable, or good looking enough. Photos sometimes don't show what an object really looks like. Plus, I think I'm honestly a little afraid to attempt the project.

I would loooveeee a few area rugs for my dining room, living room and bedroom. So, while I work up the courage to attempt that kind of DIY project, I'll just drool at these in the meantime. 

I adore this Moroccan motif with a punch of pink from Shades of light

I've never seen anything like this before! Looks like a slice from a tree (Calfinder)

This forest inspired room has an adorable faux wood rug. (Houzz)

I'm a sucker for neutrals, so of course I love this cecil rug from Bloigg Plus

Can you believe this is a standard ikea rug? With a painted motif of course, from Pudel Design

Even though chevron stripes are slightly overused these days, I can't help but love this beach cottage inspired painted rug from The House of Smiths

And lastly, this is a memory foam bath mat painted, from The Idea Room


What kind of rugs do you have in your house?
Neutral or a punch of color?
Store bought or DIY? 

Living with naked floors,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment