Monday, August 27, 2012

Guilt Free Ice Cream, Hallelujah!


My dream has come true. Ice cream, without the guilt?! Those are some pretty lofty claims coming from Use Real Butter.  I have to say, I've made this quite a few times after stumbling upon this recipe on none other than Pinterest, and I've got to say,
I'm in LOVE.
It's the perfect cure for my nightly, yes nightly, nagging sweet tooth. 


This is literally all you need! 
-Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
-Bananas (2-3, ripe)
-A dash of milk (I use either soy or almond but regular is great too)
-Peanut butter (I've used PB2, but prefer the real stuff for this recipe)

First step is to slice your bananas and toss those babies in the freezer for an hour or two. If you're like me and usually make things like this on an impulse, keep some frozen bananas handy in your freezer. 

Once they are good & frozen, put them into your food processor & add just a dash of your milk, like so:


Then chop and grind! They will turn into a pebbly mixture, and then eventually turn into wonderful creamy goodness!


Mmmmmm creamy goodness.

Last step (these are easy, huh?!) Put in 1-2 tsp of your peanut butter, and 1-2 tsp of your cocoa powder. Give your food processor a few more pulses and you've got your "ice cream" ready to eat! 

YUM.
Enjoy :) 

Easy peas'y & lovin' it,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment