Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Wonderful Smelling Home

Salutations! I Just wanted to briefly share a homemade air freshener I stumbled across on The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking. Its super easy, and I have a huge mason jar obsession, so this has been a way to put some of my collection to good use. :) Otherwise, this is a great way to recycle a pickle jar, or really any jar you have lying around the house. If you wanna get crafty, paint the lid a cute color with some Rustoleum spray paint, or do what I did and add a ribbon for embellishment.

What you'll need:
-Baking soda
-Essential oil (lavender is my fave, so that's what I used.)
-Any jar with a lid
-Hammer & Nail

All you do is fill your jar a little less than halfway with your baking soda, add 6-8 drops of essential oil (I add a few more, because I can't resist lavender) and then put the lid on your jar. Take the hammer & nail, and poke holes in the lid. I did the same thing as the tutorial I found, and poked mine in the shape of a heart. Presto! You're done! So much better than a glade plug in, right?! Right.


Tip: When it's not giving off that wonderful scent anymore, give it a little shake and that should do the trick. They last quite a long time!


The first one I made for my Mom's bathroom


My second one that is now in my bathroom. 

The tutorial was found here

Best believe there will be many more mason jar inspired crafts in the near future.
Happy crafting!
-Sierra



No comments:

Post a Comment